RESTAURANT AND RETAIL SHOPS RESPONSE TO COVID19
With the coronavirus being the subject of growing concern, the Shipshewana Retail Merchants Association would like to provide its Guests with the most factual information and credible guidance at this date and time.
As you are aware, Indiana regulations have been requested that restaurants no longer provide inside dining. The majority of restaurants in Shipshewana are still providing carry out and/or delivery. For a listing of restaurants go to www.shipshewana.com/restaurant-information
At this time most of the independent retailers of Shipshewana are continuing to operate and are open to our guests. To learn more of the stores hours and closures go to www.shipshewana.com/shop-hours-and-closures
Since this situation is constantly changing we recommend checking directly with individual businesses and their websites, Facebook pages, via phone or email regarding their specific information. Also, please check the following websites for additional information https://www.shipshewana.com/, https://visitshipshewana.org/, https://www.thebluegate.com/, https://shipshewanatradingplace.com/, https://www.lagrangechamber.org/.
The Shipshewana Retail Merchants Association urges you to familiarize yourself with the advice and information from official sources, such as the CDC, the Indiana State Department of Health and LaGrange County Health Department. Information from these expert sources include the following:
Human coronaviruses most commonly spreads from an infected person to others through:
- Respiratory droplets released into the air by coughing and sneezing;
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands;
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
The best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including the flu, is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact the Shipshewana Retail Merchants Association at 260-768-7589 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as quickly as we are able.